Covid-19 has enabled us to change our daily routine in such a way that we had never anticipated before. However, just like every cloud has a silver lining, the pandemic situation had a few good impacts on our lives as well. It has thought us to be more conscious about our health and has also made us a lot more self-aware. So, here we are with some of the healthy strategies that we should follow at home amidst the covid-19 situation:
1. Devote some time for self-care: These days, we are getting adequate time to take care of ourselves. Personal care is one of the most important aspects that promote overall well-being. Washing hands at regular intervals and also sanitizing them with a good sanitizer is an exact way to take care of ourselves. Keeping our belongings in a very clean and hygienic way is one of the best practices to keep ourselves healthy. So, these are a few things that we must follow in our day-to-day lives. We must also be supportive at all times and suggest these ideas to our closest friends and family members.
2. Cope with stress and anxiety: A positive mood can help us to cope with stress and anxiety and also help us to prevent the spread of covid-19 in our communities. Positive moods include meditation, exercise, listening to music, reading, developing certain hobbies, etc. We must keep ourselves busy with these positive activities and aim for a better lifestyle. We should also keep some time for meditation and exercise with our family members. This will help us to start a day with good feelings.
3. Keep adequate sleeping time: Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours a day. Sleeping is essential to keep ourselves overall healthy. It also helps us to achieve optimum performance on the day. Sleep also has a big role to play in maintaining our physical and mental health. Sleep also gives us a proper digestion system and keeps us free from all kinds of stress. However, it is not suggested that you sleep at any time of the day. This will create an opposite impact on our health.
4. Intake proper nutrition and follow a strict diet: Practicing good dietary habits and avoiding eating junk food due to stress may keep you even better amidst covid situations. According to WHO, whole food like leafy green vegetables, seasonal fruits, and fresh herbs is full of vitamins, fibers, and minerals that keep us away from diseases. So, instead of taking processed food like snacks, fast food, or canned food, it is extremely important to get into the habit of eating fresh food on a regular basis.
5. Quit smoking: Now that you are confined in your home, it is the best time to quit smoking. It is a very good idea to use an anti-smoking aid. It will increase your chances to quit. It is also a good idea to get yourself involved in activities that can help you to get rid of tobacco cravings. Activities like walking, reading interesting magazines or storybooks, listening to music can be a form of replacement therapy for you.
So, these were some of the best and the most effective ways by means of which you will be able to keep your spirits high and your mind healthy even during the pandemic situation. If you have any other ideas in mind, feel free to share them with us.